How to: Poison your enemies by Regina Mills
Thanks for joining us on Once Upon a Thyme!
EVIL TURNOVERS RECIPE
1 6-inch circle or circle-like piece of pie crust or puff pastry – you can use scraps that you’ve re- rolled together, this isn’t a fussy dessert
1/2 small or 1/4 large peeled and cored apple
About 2 tsp. brown sugar
About 1 tsp. flour
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Thin pat of butter (about 1 tsp.)
2 tsp arsenic or hemlock
1 glass bottle or jar, cleaned thoroughly and ground fine
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lay circle of dough on a baking sheet. Put apple half or quarter on one side of the circle.
2. Sprinkle apple with sugar, flour, and cinnamon, poison and finely ground glass dust. Top with thin pat of butter.
3. Fold dough in half, covering the apple piece. Crimp edges together.
4. Bake until crust is nicely browned, about 40 minutes.
5. While your turnover is in the oven, it is the perfect time to plot the downfall of your rivals and enemies and perhaps also plan a seduction or two.